Terra Kaffe is looking for an insanely creative, writing-savvy, empathetic, and driven social media champion to join our Marketing Team.
The Content & Community Coordinator role is a full-time position based in Brooklyn, and will have full exposure to the complexities of marketing an expanding product catalog of (and engaging with a similarly growing audience for) a high-growth lifestyle consumer products brand. This role is responsible for creating content, engaging with, and building out our community across all digital touchpoints, such as social media. The Content & Community Coordinator role is central to the strategic growth of the company and will contribute to strategy and execution across all owned media channels, influencer partnerships, and activation efforts.
This role will report directly to the Director of Brand Marketing and be an integral partner for the highly-caffeinated Marketing, Creative, and CX teams. The ideal candidate will have experience creating content; building a deep relationship with an internal team, customers, & influencers/celebrities; thinking creatively about new growth channels; and leveraging both the creative with the analytical to identify new brand visibility opportunities. This person should enjoy taking ownership of projects, cross-team collaboration, and turning big-picture initiatives into structured timelines and tasks.
- Conceptualizing and creating content across social media channels (Meta, TikTok, Twitter, Reddit), including short-form copywriting
- Engaging with and expanding our digital community via post-publish engagement, inbox management, & strategic brand-to-brand/ influencer commenting
- Analyzing metrics & trends across the social landscape, such as post performance and engagement, in addition to being “in the know” of what’s trending
- Working closely with the Director of Communications and Director of Brand Marketing to assist on larger social media strategy
- Other responsibilities may include:
- Performing regular audits of our website (Shopify), including building out new product listings and promotions, in addition to conducting market research
- Assisting the Marketing Team with email/ SMS campaign and flow buildout
- Contributing to and managing Terra Kaffe’s digital magazine, TK Mag
- Assisting with the planning and execution of small + large-scale activations
Interested in candidates with:
- Minimum 1-2 years of working experience in creative and/ or marketing-related roles
- Completed bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Creative Writing, Advertising, Communications, or related.
- An independent work ethic, creative thinking skills, and a self-starting MO.
- Background or interest in startups and/or the consumer goods and DTC is a plus
- Fluency in native video/photo editing tools for respective social media platforms (Meta, TikTok, Reddit, LinkedIn, and Twitter). Competency with external editing tools like Adobe Premier (or similar) is a major plus!
- Keen understanding of changing trends, tools, and features across digital platforms
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Resilient problem solver who can adapt and thrive in fast-paced environments
- Openness to the volatility (and learning opportunity) of an early-stage, high-growth startup
- Desire to work in a creative environment with a willingness to help brainstorm new ideas
- Experience collaborating with a team through productivity tools like Notion, Asana, or similar
- Fluency with social scheduling or reporting platforms (Later.com, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with Figma, Klaviyo, Shopify is a major plus!
- Passion for coffee and/or design is a plus!
- Comfortable with both in-person and remote work
Terra Kaffe Background
Terra Kaffe is a group of coffee enthusiasts that love sharing great-tasting coffee brewed from carefully selected and sustainably sourced beans. Our mission is to transform the in-home coffee experience starting with our flagship product, the TK-01 bean-to-cup espresso machine. We are headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, and made up of a well-caffeinated team of 20+ employees and a roster of 3+ dogs. To date, Terra Kaffe has raised $14 million of funding, with our latest round closed in September 2021.
- Annual base salary range of $50,000.00 to $60,000.00. Pay may vary depending on job-related skills and experience.
- Unlimited PTO and ample company holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- TK-01 espresso machine for your home
- Flexible remote work policy
- Office snacks and team meals
- Pet-friendly office
- Unlimited coffee (self-control not provided)
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with Content & Community Coordinator in the subject line. Please include a portfolio of previous work. If you do not have a portfolio, please include relevant content samples.