Terra Kaffe is looking for a Marketing Associate to join our Marketing Team.
Are you ready to get into the absolute marketing weeds? Are you hungry to wear a bunch of hats and own multiple parts of the Terra Kaffe marketing world? Are you determined to learn about all the big acronyms and initialisms including, but not limited to: CPM, ToFu, IHOP, and CTR? Well, then, we’ve got the role for you!
The Marketing Associate role is a full-time position based in Brooklyn, and will have full exposure to the complexities of marketing an expanding product catalog of (and engaging with a similarly growing audience for) a high-growth lifestyle consumer products brand. This role is central to the strategic growth of the company and will contribute to strategy and execution across all owned media channels, activations, influencer partnerships, and expansion efforts.
This role will report directly to the Director of Brand Marketing and be an integral partner for the highly-caffeinated Marketing, Creative, and CX teams. The ideal candidate will have experience creating content; building a deep relationship with an internal team, customers, & influencers/celebrities; thinking creatively about new growth channels; and leveraging both the creative with the analytical to identify new brand visibility opportunities. This person should enjoy taking ownership of projects, cross-team collaboration, and applying big-picture initiatives into structured timelines and tasks.
- Working closely with the Director of Communications and Director of Brand Marketing to assist on social media strategy, planning, and content creation, with a focus on ideation, filming, caption copywriting, editing, and post-publish engagement
- Supporting the Customer Experience (CX) Team with responding to (and forwarding when necessary) social media comments and questions
- Supporting the Marketing team with synthesizing analytics and making recommendations
- Promoting overall social media growth and organic reach via engagement with commenters / other brands’ social media profiles
- Managing partnership inbounds and forwarding to relevant department heads
- Managing outreach to and from influencers for both organic and sponsored content, as well as whitelisted ads
- Providing auxiliary support for managing Terra Kaffe’s digital magazine, TK Mag
- Supporting the broader Creative team in the execution of content capture and visual asset production
- Compiling reporting of key engagement metrics & presenting to key internal stakeholders
- Performing daily maintenance and regular audits of Shopify + website performance, plus conducting market research
- Assisting with the planning and execution of small + large-scale activations
Interested in candidates with:
- Minimum 1-2 years of working experience in marketing-related roles
- Background in startups and/or the consumer goods, DTC, and e-commerce spaces a plus
- Completed bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in native video/photo editing tools for respective social media platforms (Instagram/FB, TikTok, Reddit, LinkedIn, and Twitter). Competency with external editing tools like Adobe Premier (or similar) is a major plus!
- A deep understanding of SEO and SEM best practices
- Keen understanding of changing trends, tools, and features on social media + marketing platforms
- Independent worker with an upstart work ethic and creative thinking skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience drafting blogs on Shopify a plus (or relevant platforms, like WordPress or similar)
- Fluency with social scheduling platforms (Later.com, etc.)
- Experience with Figma is a major plus!
- Experience with Klaviyo is a major plus!
- Experience using and reading behavior analysis software like Hotjar
- Experience collaborating with a team through productivity tools like Notion, Asana, or similar
- Resilient problem solver who can adapt and thrive in fast-paced environments
- Openness to the volatility (and learning opportunity) of an early-stage, high-growth startup
- Desire to work in a creative environment with a willingness to help brainstorm new ideas
- Passion for coffee and/or design is a plus!
- Comfortable with both in-person and remote work
Why Work at Terra Kaffe
Terra Kaffe is a group of coffee enthusiasts that love sharing great-tasting coffee brewed from carefully selected and sustainably sourced beans. Our mission is to transform the in-home coffee experience starting with our flagship product, the TK-01 bean-to-cup espresso machine. We are headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, and made up of a well-caffeinated team of 20+ employees and a roster of 3+ dogs. To date, Terra Kaffe has raised $14 million of funding, with our latest round closed in September 2021.
- Annual base salary range of $50,000.00 to $70,000.00. Pay may vary depending on job-related skills and experience.
- Competitive vacation and paid holidays policy
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- TK-01 espresso machine for your home
- Flexible remote work policy
- Office snacks and team meals
- Pet-friendly office
- Unlimited coffee (self-control not included)
To apply, email your resume and a brief description about why you think you'd be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please also include “Marketing Associate” in the subject line.