Brooklyn, NY - in person (with hybrid flexibility) preferred
Terra Kaffe is looking for an insanely creative, empathetic, and driven social media champion to join our Marketing Team.
The Social Media Associate role is a full-time position that will have full exposure to the complexities of marketing an expanding product catalog of (and engaging with a similarly growing audience for) a lifestyle consumer products brand. This role is responsible for creating content, engaging with, and building out our community across all social media platforms. The Social Media Associate role is central to the strategic growth of the company and will contribute to strategy and execution across all owned media channels, influencer partnerships, and activation efforts.
This role will report directly to the Senior Community Marketing Manager and be an integral partner for the highly-caffeinated Marketing and CX teams. The ideal candidate will have experience creating content; building a deep relationship with an internal team, customers, & influencers/celebrities; thinking creatively about new growth channels; and leveraging both the creative with the analytical to identify new brand visibility opportunities. This person should enjoy taking ownership of projects, cross-team collaboration, turning big-picture initiatives into structured timelines and tasks, and reactively/proactively creating trending content.
- Conceptualizing and creating content across social media channels (Meta, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, LinkedIn), including short-form copywriting
- Spearheading content creation in collaboration with the Sr. Community Marketing Manager and Art Director, championing our brand vision through the Art Director's direction and ensuring cohesive alignment with Terra Kaffe's identity across social media platforms
- Staying on top of current trends and emerging topics in social media and lifestyle consumer products, integrating relevant and timely elements into content creation strategies to maintain a fresh and engaging online presence
Social Media Management
- Engaging with and expanding our digital community via post-publish engagement, inbox management, & strategic brand-to-brand/influencer commenting
- Analyzing metrics & trends across the social landscape, such as post performance and engagement, in addition to being “in the know” of what’s trending
- Working closely with the Director of Communications and Senior Community Marketing Manager to assist on larger social media strategy
Other responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in the identification, engagement, and coordination of influencer marketing initiatives, providing support in creating content guidelines and ensuring alignment with Terra Kaffe's brand voice and values
- Assisting with the planning and execution of small + large-scale activations and partnerships
Interested in candidates with:
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in creative and/or marketing-related roles
- Completed bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Creative Writing, Advertising, Communications, or related field preferred
- Fluency in native video/photo editing tools for respective social media platforms (Meta, TikTok and YouTube particularly). Competency with external editing tools like Adobe Premier (or similar) is a major plus!
- Keen understanding of changing trends, tools, and features across digital platforms
- Experience collaborating with a team through productivity tools like Notion, Asana, or similar
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Openness to the volatility (and learning opportunity) of an early-stage, high-growth startup
- Desire to work in a creative environment with a willingness to help brainstorm new ideas
- An independent work ethic, creative thinking skills, and a self-starting MO.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Background or interest in startups and/or the consumer goods and DTC is a plus
- Fluency with social scheduling or reporting platforms (Later.com, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with Figma, Klaviyo, Shopify is a major plus!
- Passion for coffee and/or design is a plus!
- Ability to commute into our Brooklyn office with hybrid flexibility is preferred
Terra Kaffe Background
Terra Kaffe is a group of coffee enthusiasts that love sharing great-tasting coffee brewed from carefully selected and sustainably sourced beans. Our mission is to transform the in-home coffee experience starting with our flagship product, the TK-01 bean-to-cup espresso machine. We are headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, and made up of a well-caffeinated team of 20+ employees and a roster of 3+ dogs. To date, Terra Kaffe has raised just under $20 million of funding, with our latest round closed in December 2023.
- Annual base salary range of $55,000-$65,000. Pay may vary depending on job-related skills and experience.
- Unlimited PTO and ample company holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Espresso machine for your home
- Flexible remote work policy
- Office snacks
- Pet-friendly office
- Unlimited coffee (self-control not provided)
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com with Social Media Associate in the subject line. Bonus points if you include a portfolio of recent work/relevant content samples.