March 21st, 2020 / 2 min read
One bowl. Less than one hour. Cardamom + Coffee? Sold.
- 2/3 c milk of your choice (we used oatmilk!)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c espresso (or strongly brewed coffee)
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 2 c flour (all purpose or gluten free)
- 1 c cane cugar
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 tsp cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- On your TK-01, make 3–4 shots of espresso, until you have 3/4 cup of freshly brewed espresso. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare your baking dish: Grease two 6-inch cake rounds or one 8×8 baking dish. Option to line your baking pan with parchment paper is recommended, if you have this on hand.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients until throughly combined.
- Add in all dry ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into cake pan(s) and bake 30–35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy with your favorite TK-01 drink!
Terra Kaffe Team
At Terra Kaffe we are committed to furthering the growth of conscious consumption by reducing waste from coffee pods and brewing from fresh whole beans. Learn more about our bean-to-cup espresso machine here.