Terra Kaffe is looking for a Strategy and Expansion Associate to join our Expansion team.
The Strategy and Expansion Associate is a full-time position based in Brooklyn, and will have full exposure to the complexities of developing and executing go-to-market strategies for a high-growth lifestyle consumer products brand. This role is central to the strategic growth of the company and will contribute to strategy and execution on all revenue drivers for Terra Kaffe – including product and market expansions, wholesale and multi-channel partnerships, and more. If you’ve made it to the end of this paragraph and know most of those words, you might be the perfect fit.
This role will report directly to the Director of Expansion and be an integral partner for the highly-caffeinated Operations, Creative, and CX teams. The ideal candidate will have experience building deep relationships with partners, thinking creatively about new growth channels, and leveraging both the creative with the analytical to identify new revenue opportunities. This person should enjoy taking ownership of projects, cross-team collaboration, and applying big picture initiatives into structured timelines and tasks.
- Developing and supporting channel expansion strategies including wholesale, B2B, partnerships, and others
- Identifying and go-to-market planning for new market opportunities including product portfolio expansion, geographic expansion, etc.
- End-to-end management of vendor/wholesale relationships including targeting, outreach, negotiations, and operations support
- Managing and executing creative partnership strategies ranging from brand partners to retail partners, hospitality/travel, events, and more
- Conducting research and analysis needed to support development of expansion strategies, ranging from market-sizing efforts to analyzing product roadmaps.
- Coordinating with other department heads (e.g. CX, Ops, Creative, etc.) to gather data around new customer needs and insights to drive business development projects
- Coordinating with outside stakeholders to gather data around new customer needs and insights to drive business development projects
- Managing and developing existing and new databases and dashboards to drive decision making around peripheral product and ancillary revenues – conducting cohort analysis, tracking subscription metrics, acquisition costs and more
- Assisting Director of Expansion and CEO on special projects
Interested in candidates with:
- Minimum 2 years working experience in business development, relationship/account management, strategy, or consulting related roles.
- Background in in startups and/or the consumer goods, DTC, and e-commerce spaces a plus
- Completed bachelor’s degree.
- Independent worker with an analytical mindset and ability to plan and execute
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google suite – especially Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationships with business partners
- Resilient problem solver who can adapt and thrive in fast-paced environments
- Openness to the volatility (and learning opportunity) of an early stage, high-growth startup
- Desire to work in a creative environment with a willingness to help brainstorm new ideas
- Passion for coffee or design is a plus!
- Comfortable with both in-person and remote work
Terra Kaffe Background
Terra Kaffe is a group of coffee enthusiasts that love sharing great tasting coffee brewed from carefully selected and sustainably sourced beans. Our mission is to transform the in-home coffee experience starting with our flagship product, the TK-01 bean-to-cup espresso machine. We are headquartered in Brooklyn, NY and made up of a well-caffeinated team of 20+ employees and a roster of 3+ dogs. To date, Terra Kaffe has raised $10 million of funding with our latest round closed in September 2021.
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited Vacation and Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- TK-01 espresso machine for your home
- Flexible remote work policy
- Office snacks and team meals
- Pet-friendly office
- Unlimited coffee (self control not included)
Think you’d be a good fit for the role? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!