Terra Kaffe is seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join the Operations team. The Supply Chain Manager will support the Operations, Quality, and Engineering teams in identifying and engaging with strategic suppliers to ensure costs and timelines are managed and met.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and hands-on environment, is looking to accelerate their career, and wants to grow within a team of highly skilled operators, engineers, and technicians. The Supply Chain Manager should have a mindset focused on cost management, process improvement, and day-to-day execution.
This is a full-time role based in Brooklyn, NY and will report to the Head of Operations.
- Production planning, including communicating forecasts to suppliers and maintaining timelines
- Manage the entire lifecycle of purchase orders, from creation to delivery and closure
- Work with Operations team to report and manage inventory stocks and risk levels
- Perform cost and benchmarking analyses and develop and maintain a cost database
- Develop sourcing procedures and protocols to manage MOQs and lead times from suppliers
- Manage and provide direct feedback to key suppliers to enable continuous improvement of performance goals and metrics
- Maintaining a professional working relationship with Terra Kaffe’s key suppliers, CM, and other 3rd party partners
- Create solutions to mitigate supply chain risks
- Reviewing product feedback from the CX and Quality teams and developing process and parts sourcing improvements
- Support the finance team with reconciling invoices against order receipts and POs
- Developing a deep expertise of Terra Kaffe’s product portfolio including assembly and functionality in order to provide meaningful feedback and support to the Quality and Engineering teams
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 3+ years experience in hardware manufacturing, sourcing, supply planning, supply chain management, or similar experience, preferably at early-stage startups in the consumer goods, DTC, and e-commerce spaces
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Google Suite, and building reports, analysis, and models
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Independent worker with a problem-solving mindset, ability to execute, find replicable solutions for operational challenges, institutionalize processes, and continuously optimize and automate operations
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
BACKGROUND ON TERRA KAFFE
Terra Kaffe is a group of coffee enthusiasts who fell in love with coffee brewed from carefully selected, sustainably-sourced beans. We focus on e-Commerce, consumer goods, coffee, and connectivity. Our company has offices in New York City and Berlin and is made up of a small team of 11-50 employees, plus an active roster of 2-3 dogs. To date, Terra Kaffe has raised ~$9.5 Million of funding; their latest round was closed in September 2021.
- Competitive Compensation
- Unlimited Vacation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- TK-01 Machine for your home
- Remote work optionality
- Terra Kaffe Gear
- Office Snacks
- Unlimited Coffee (this one should be obvious by now)
Think you’d be a good fit? Send your resume to email@example.com with “Supply Chain Manager” in the subject line!