After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
61 Greenpoint Avenue, Suite 311, Brooklyn NY 11222, United States
Collecting Personal Information
- Device information
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
Source of collection: collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels, and similar digital tracking technologies.
While using our site, you may provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personal Data we collect in accordance with the law may include, but is not limited to:
-When you create an account or sign up for marketing information, we’ll collect your first and last name, plus your email.
-When you make a purchase, we’ll collect your first name, last name, company, billing and shipping addresses and phone number.
-We’ll also capture your financial information via Shopify’s payment capture (such as Google Pay, Amazon, Shopify) or also a recharge payment capture (stripe).
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify
- We only share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as indicated within this policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your Personal Information shared. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
- Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Order information
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, ShipStation, and Klaviyo.
- We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions. Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns. We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device. We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy.
- Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Customer support information
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our customer service software, Zendesk.
- Personal Information collected: any information provided by you.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) takes effect on January 1, 2020, and is intended to protect the data of California residents. If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights with respect to your data. We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or by mail at Terra Kaffe Inc., 61 Greenpoint Ave Suite #311 Brooklyn, NY 11222
Rights that you may have, include:
- Requesting deletion of your information.
- If you request that your account be deleted, you will lose access to all of our programs in which you are actively registered.
- Opting out from the sale of your information to third parties.
- Requesting disclosure of the Personal Information we have collected about you and the types of third parties with whom it has been shared.
- Requesting the portability of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Additionally, you may update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account.
- Requesting that we not sell your information, by clicking on the corresponding link on our website.
Every effort will be made to respond to a verified request within a reasonable time, or the time-frame required by law.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.||2y|
|_secure_session_id||Used to track a user's session through the multi-step checkout process and keep their order, payment and shipping details connected.||24h|
|_shopify_country||For shops where pricing currency/country set from GeoIP, that cookie stores the country we've detected. This cookie helps avoid doing GeoIP lookups after the first request.||session|
|_shopify_m||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||1y|
|_shopify_tm||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||30min|
|_shopify_tw||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||2w|
|_storefront_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.||1min|
|_tracking_consent||Used to store a user's preferences if a merchant has set up privacy rules in the visitor's region.||1y|
|c||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|cart_currency||Set after a checkout is completed to ensure that new carts are in the same currency as the last checkout.||2w|
|cart_sig||A hash of the contents of a cart. This is used to verify the integrity of the cart and to ensure performance of some cart operations.||2w|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.||2w|
|cart_ver||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||4w|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|dynamic_checkout_shown_on_cart||Used in connection with checkout.||30min|
|hide_shopify_pay_for_checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
|keep_alive||Used in connection with buyer localization.||2w|
|master_device_id||Used in connection with merchant login.||2y|
|previous_step||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|remember_me||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|secure_customer_sig||Used to identify a user after they sign into a shop as a customer so they do not need to log in again.||20y|
|shopify_pay||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|shopify_pay_redirect||Used in connection with checkout.||30 minutes, 3w or 1y depending on value|
|storefront_digest||Stores a digest of the storefront password, allowing merchants to preview their storefront while it's password protected.||2y|
|tracked_start_checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|checkout_one_experiment||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
|checkout_session_lookup||Used in connection with checkout.||3w|
|checkout_session_token_<<id>>||Used in connection with checkout.||3w|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages.||2w|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages.||2w|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.||30min|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.||30min|
|_shopify_ga||Shopify and Google Analytics.||session|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioral Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email or by mail using the details provided under “Contact” above.
Last updated: 6/29/22