In this house (witches’ lair), we don’t say “trick or treat.” We say “trick AND treat,” because a trick really is a treat in and of itself, just like this Witch’s Brew Espresso Martini, with its delicious flavor and sinister bubbling. With a little help from our evil henchmen (dry ice and black food coloring), we can magically transform your unsuspecting espresso martini into a delicious party favor of the occult variety. Bwahahahaha!
Here’s how to concoct this foreboding potion:
- Standard bar shaker
- Coupe or martini glass
- Cauldron (just kidding!)
- 1 ounce espresso (we’re using Classico!) from TK-01 or TK-02
- Half ounce Mr Black cold brew liqueur
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce raw sugar simple syrup (1:1 ratio)
- 2-3 drops black food coloring
- Dry ice
- Brew your shot of espresso and set it aside to cool.
- To your shaker add vodka, Mr Black, simple syrup, espresso, and food coloring. Shake to combine.
- Carefully add a small cube of dry ice to your serving glass. Strain the contents of your shaker over top. Recite the appropriate incantation.
- Enjoy! Dry ice is safe to drink, just make sure the cube is fully melted before sipping, as its hyper-cold temperature can burn. Spooky!